View Single Post
Old 05-28-2016, 10:33 PM
weasier22

Originally Posted by Barbshobbies View Post
Just beautiful, is there a name for the pattern? I Am retired, and started to use up all my yarn, I made 36 neck scarves and gave them to church that makes room for homeless people in winter when it`s cold out. Then I made`several baby shawls and gave them to woman`s shelter for battered mom`s, They tell me some of them cried to think a stranger would be kind to them. This made me think, why didn`t I do this sooner.
The name of the pattern is called Trade Winds Throw and can be found in Crochet World June 2016 issue.
You've done wonderful things with your yarn! I am in the process of crocheting scarves for the needy families in our county. A local title company collects items for our needy families before Christmas, so I thought I'd give the scarves to them. In 2010 I knitted 300 hats (boys & girls) & gave them to the local Boys & Girls Club. I'm retired also and am so glad I have more time to dedicate to quilting, knitting & crocheting. There are so many more people in our country who need more than I do.