View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 04:09 AM
jjs56

Default So Proud of my Dog!

Daisy is a 6 year old Lab-Brittney-Springer mix. I got her when she was a year old, a rescue from Kentucky. She doesn't like other dogs, except her boyfriend, Beau, who lives in the condo next door. I was concerned when they got a Lhasa Apso puppy, Winnie, a few weeks ago. At first, Daisy would get her hackles up and bark when she saw Winnie outside, especially if Beau was with her. I corrected her and, after a few days, Daisy started whining when she saw Winnie, just like she does when Beau is outside. I had hope! Last week, Winnie was in a brief potty time-out outside and she was simpering. Daisy started "sympathy simpering."
Well, yesterday, we brought the two dogs together and Daisy was perfect! She and Winnie had the best time playing together. Daisy even laid down and let Winnie crawl all over her! We were all so happy, well, except Beau. When he came out, he was trying to be protective big brother and started growling at Daisy if she got too close to Winnie. Beau is a sweetheart, so he's easy to correct and we all know the three will be best buds soon enough.
I know it will take other dog people to understand how happy I am about this!

Last edited by jjs56; 05-29-2016 at 04:21 AM.