View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 05:53 AM
LynnG

Jot down which features are a MUST for you then compare your list with the machines you are thinking about buying.

The IDT system on the Pfaff is one big reason why I chose Pfaff. Just pull down the hook and off ya go while using MANY of pfaffs presser feet. Not limited to one certain foot, changing plates and no screwing and unscrewing. Others may not see that as a problem though. I can not STAND constant fiddling so the Pfaff system is perfect for me.

Don't worry about Pfaffs unique bobbins, they are wonderful...can't put them in the wrong way...EVER. If you are buying a Pfaff, you can afford to buy the bobbins, they don't cost THAT much that you will have a heart attack paying for them. And its not like they wear out or break and you have to keep replacing bobbins. They are a nice feature specific to Pfaff.

What are your deal breakers???... lack of auto foot lift, tie on and off, needle down/up, auto thread cut, large sewing area, IDT system etc... Be picky persnickety !!!! If each machine does all of your musts...then look at what each machine does..that the others don't do. Each machine (usually) boasts something that they claim others (in their class) don't do. It will be down to the nitty gritty and you will find the machine that is perfect for you.

I love Pfaff machines but none of us can say what the best machine is for YOU. It depends on what is important to you.