Old 05-29-2016, 12:34 PM
scotrinaf

[QUOTE=miriam;6468241]I believe I have an Electro Grand that is very similar. Mine has the added feature of some disks. I haven't gotten the BAM lever sorted out yet. The zig zag dial is next to it. The levers push in either sets it or releases it to turn. I wish I knew where there was a free manual. That generic manual doesn't do the disks.

I found the following information on "Just Answer" while searching for info on my machine.

"Your sewing machine De Luxe ZIG-ZAG Electro-Grand made in Japan was made after WW2 it is what is known as a Singer Japanese clone sewing machine.

Shortly after WW2, Japan, with money from the United States, manufactured a large number of sewing machines. Indeed many of these machines are practically indistinguishable from a Singer and use parts that are interchangeable. Often they were given American sounding names to appeal to the overseas market. Different "brands" have been identified, manufactured by 15 or so companies. Unfortunately, records from these manufactures don't exist, so it is impossible to identify them further. Most of these machines have JA stamped into the bottom of the machine or Made In Japan. Large American department store companies would purchase the machines and have their name put on them.