View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 02:07 PM
Just Jan

Honestly, I don't like any of those choices... The purple is too bold and the florals compete with the body of the quilt. If you really want a border, I'd use a narrow first border of a tone on tone white that is very similar to the light blocks, to frame the quilt. That border would be cut to maybe 2" wide, to finish at 1 1/2" or narrower. Then add a last border of aqua small print; or if you have any fabric left from any of the medium/dark blocks that are in the quilt, that would be best. I have seen and used many of those prints and I believe some are still availabe at Joanns and Walmart. In my opinion the florals you are showing are way too modern to work with the vintage style fabrics in the blocks, and the purple is just too harsh. If you are careful how you cut it, the larger floral would be great to use for binding. Then just a smidgen would show but would incorporate all the colors. I suggest you start with the light frame, then decide on the next border. Or, if the size is ok, you can just forget borders and bind it in aqua. Its very pretty and should be the star of the show. I hope you will post a pix when you decide. Jan