Thread: pucker up baby!
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2016, 05:27 PM
thimblebug6000

Originally Posted by NatalieF View Post
I may not be pinning enough. I should have said smooth top rather than taut. I'm using poly batting as it's way more economical for me, at less than a third of the price of cotton/poly blend. I also don't have a large area for basting to I either have to do it in sections on the floor, or use my bed (which makes keeping everything smooth a bit challenging). I just have a cheap sewing machine with a generic walking foot, so no doubt that's also part of my issue.

I know my inexperience is mostly the issue. It's reassuring to know I'm not alone in struggling with this.

For glue basting, do you daub or spray? I tried daubing, I'm wondering if diluting it a bit and spraying would give me better results in keeping anything from shifting on me.

Thanks for all the wonderful advice. I'm learning!...the hard way, but I am learning!
Also my first suggestion to you is to slow down. IF I put the pedal to the metal.... who knows what the back will end up like.... BUT if the sandwich has been done correctly... and you slow down enough to allow the walking foot to do it's job properly.... you shouldn't get any pleats.