Old 05-30-2016, 06:33 AM
givio

I agree about the men's shirts. I looked in on this thread originally because it was 'PC' and I had just bought the book, I think I posted about 3 PC blocks here at first. I'm planning to use all shirts, mostly plaids, with it. Doing PC was too much with my other sewing as well, and I decided to concentrate on FWS first and get those blocks done. But I'll get back to PC one of these days. I have a cute cowboy print sheet for the back of it. I won't make all the blocks the first time around, as I want a twin size quilt, probably set on point. But I love the LH patterns, and I'm bound to come back to them in both books over the years.

Anne, your choice of fabrics is just up my alley. I couldn't resist that pink background/gray leaf print and bought some of it too. I've just completed a top with bright colors, a lot of oranges and pinks, and last week I've mailed it to a friend to quilt for me. You will love a top with your picks-- it's amazingly cheerful to use lots of bright colors! I loved mine so much that I splurged on the back for it, paying full price per yard. Whew! I don't know what made me do that, because it's not like me to shy the sale rack. Maybe I wanted to follow through with my creative ideas... But, anyway, I thought it was worth it to be satisfied with the back as well. https://www.fabric.com/buy/0422984/t...d-29889bf8fb7b

Best wishes to all for a good Memorial Day!

Last edited by givio; 05-30-2016 at 06:38 AM.