View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 08:48 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Meanmom, so sorry about your friend--we had a similar experience this weekend and it's still not sunk in.

Here is the customer quilt (small sampler) that I was intent on getting done today.(sorry, can't get the photo to load--will work more on it and re-try) Plus (no pic yet) I had MAJOR finish--the PIA Storm at Sea that is my daughter's wedding quilt (they celebrate 2nd anniversary in Sept---but made from the table topper batiks from wedding so goal was 1st anniversary) almost completely together! Some of you have read my whining about this quilt--how I had all the blocks done and then figured out the way I'd pieced it with "sashing" on all 4 sides simply looked like bad stars and lost the circular illusion. So I took those apart, reduced the side of block and had to re-cut and piece many more blocks. THEN I realized that my effort to make the "sashing" diamonds one piece using the Tri-Recs ruler and folding the fabric would make them 1/2" too long and result in NO points! So took apart again and re-cut and FINALLY finished! All that's left is the extra row of sashing on one side and the bottom and then I'm finished!! (except quilting, etc) Promise a picture as soon as that's done! Thanks to all that kept me motivated on this project!