View Single Post
Old 05-31-2016, 06:43 AM
Sewnoma

My DH is supportive of my hobbies, he certainly has enough of his own! We don't really have any hobbies in common (unless drinking wine counts?) but that's OK, we don't have kids or a lot of other responsibilities so we see enough of each other that neither of us feels neglected. If he's feeling lonely he can always come hang out in my sewing room, and if I'm lonely I can go hang out in his movie room, but we happily spend a lot of time in our own spaces.

He only bugs me for food if I've promised to make something in particular - usually sweets, because he has a huge sweet tooth and never forgets if I say I'll bake cookies! I cook up massive batches of food on weekends and throw it in the freezer for dinners and lunches. I work full time and on work days I can't be bothered to cook anything, but I usually have 2-3 different homemade soups frozen up in pint mason jars, and at least one lasagna or veggie pot pie type casserole portioned out in the deep freeze, so there's usually a nice selection of healthy, home-made food that just needs to be reheated. DH likes my cooking a lot so he's happy to just raid the freezer when he gets hungry - only thing he usually asks me is if I want anything defrosted!