Old 01-27-2010, 05:59 AM
Lacelady
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Elle, those are beautiful..even RS6! It looks like it just is waiting to be a part of the whole, then it will straighten up. At least that is what I'm telling mine :oops:

The only hints I might have for RS6 is to go read Lacelady's and Cute Buns tutes on the seams to start with. I could NEVER make sense of the foundation pattern on the software....so I went to thatquilt.com and looked at her sections. I couldn't get the software to regroup and print (for some reason..I'm sure operator)...so I printed off several copies of the block as an outline drawing. I marked, then cut the sections that I thought I would work well for me. I cut up the outline drawing of the block in those sections and used that for my foundation. That and then.....a few choice bad words seems to get it together for me.
I don't think its operator error about the software - it doesn't want to print out any foundation groups when there is an inset or Y section. It's a shame, as sometimes most of it can be done via foundation. I've redrawn a couple and will post them when we get nearer to the relevant week if it helps.