View Single Post
Old 06-01-2016, 01:07 PM
Mickey2

I have to look up the changes, I read it some where on the web, I shall have to come back to it. I'm sure someone here on The Quilting Board is all onto it, there are some very knowledgeable people on this forum. The vintage section here is a bit down at the moment due to a new forum Victorian Sweatshop.

There is blog called The Archaic and the Arcane, the owner uses and likes the Featherweight, and there are some very good posts both on the Featherweight and sewing machines in general. The fact that she fixes up any machine and actually uses the Featherweight has to be a plus ;- ) She has the best advice on how to service the button type bakelite pedal too. If it's cracked or chipped it probably needs replacing, but if it's the rubber feet only, there are new replacements available.

I think the Featherweight facebook page is commercially oriented, but there's generally a lot of helpful tips and videos along with all the things you can get for your Featherweight. The Vintage Singer Yahoo Group might be the best place for expert advice.

Last edited by Mickey2; 06-01-2016 at 01:11 PM.