Thread: Audiobooks
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2016, 02:44 PM
suern3

Originally Posted by E

ie;7568217
I got a slew of audiobooks from our library when they were getting new ones or replacing them. They also sell them for 25 cents. I got all my Jennifer Chiaverini books that way and also if you want a terrific set of books (14 of them) you can listen to the whole collection of William Kent Krueger (BUT YOU HAVE TO START WITH THE FIRST BOOK). "Iron Lake". They are mysteries and follow through his life. They take place in Minnesota and Wisconsin. I love the new books by Jennifer Chiaverini - semi-historical. I can sit at my sewing table, look out the window, do my sewing or cutting, watch the birds at the feeders and listen to an on the "edge of your seat" book. And also have a glass of wine or pop or coffee or tea or anything imbibable and then we are in our own little world. I am there right now (well, not exactly at this moment, but as soon as I get the house picked up - the sun is out, the birds are singing, I have a cup of ChaiLatte, the birds (inside) (two parakeets and two finches) and outside are singing up a storm and I am getting ready to cut 80 2-1/2 by 9" sashing pieces and four sashing borders. BIG quilt!!!! Made out of a couple of jelly rolls.

All this joy comes from doing what I love to do in my home, with my critters - oops, forgot Miss Bess - the Avatar - she is 13-1/2 years old today. Might get her a White Castle hamburger with no onions!!!! She is laying on the couch sawing logs, schnusking away!!!!! That's my Bessie. Have a great day today whatever you do - I hope it rains on no one!!!!!! Edie
Sounds like an ideal day! Hope Miss Bess gets to enjoy her hamburger.