View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 03:45 AM
KenmoreGal2

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
Doesn't anyone know about Soft Claws? They are safe and humane. No awful declawing. My vet won't declaw as most vets won't do that now. I used them on my indoor cat and it doesn't matter if the cat scratches or kneads or swipes. They come in different colors and look great on the cat's paws. You have to change then out when the claw grows long. That is very important. My cat was finicky about me trimming his paws but he didn't mind me doing the Soft Paws. They work great on dogs too.

http://www.softpaws.com/
We used those for a few months. Our cat absolutely hated when we put them on her, then she'd try to bite them off, then her claws would get caught in rugs and things because of the small space between the end of the claw cover and the actual claw. We gave up.

I just replaced a king sized duvet (not quilted) because it had tiny little holes in it. I suspect they were claw holes. I keep a quilted throw draped over the back of my sofa. I've been doing this for 2 years now and have had no damage to any of them. Maybe your friend can at least put one quilt out that way. The only part of the quilt that's even able to be damaged is the part laying on the very top of the sofa.