View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 04:26 AM
sinceresissy

I have not had the problem of my cat clawing a quilt. I made special little quilt beds for each of my three cats and sometimes they liked to lay on them but mostly my cats liked a rather small cardboard box - one that they could barely fit in and they laid in those plus they would claw those instead of anything else. I did have one cat that clawed the sides of my furniture but the other two loved to claw up cardboard boxes. When I brought a new box home it would be the treat of the day. Each one would try it out. There was a hierarchy to it all. The cat that was here first ran the show. The second cat that came to live with me was the first cats mother but she bowed to her daughter. The third cat to come was a feral male cat and he would try to be top dog but the first cat cowed him back. The first cat had her claws removed (not by me) and that did not stop her from being top cat. I never had any problems with quilts and cats except when I would lay a quilt out on the floor to pin or trim here one of them would come to plop on the quilt.