View Single Post
Old 06-06-2016, 01:12 PM
Friday1961

Default How to put these blocks together?

My kids picked up these pieces at an estate sale, along with a book and some unrelated yardage, all of which I was thrilled to get.

I know (assume) these are for an equilateral triangle quilt, but I'm not sure how to put them together. As you can see in the photo, there are many pieced triangles, but only a few more of the solid blue triangles, and none of the pink, so I will have to find fabric to use for those....and cut them, which I'm a little uncertain of. Why or how, for instance, do they have blunted ends? Was there a template or are they done with a ruler? That little stack of pieced triangles will make many more blocks, probably 25-30, though I haven't counted them.

The book they got, which has beautiful patterns similar to this, did not include this one, and I'm not sure how to assemble these, once completed. From what I've seen online, diamonds seem to be the connectors but I'm sure there's a trick to how one joins these. I've never made this kind of quilt so don't really know how to proceed. I love the fabric, which looks like reproduction 30s prints.

Any ideas, suggestions, instructions?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]551704[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails photos-nikon-equilateral-triangle-blocksresize.jpg