View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 04:44 AM
rryder

Nora, the placement of the bobbin is the reason why I built my own setup. By using legs that are adjustable in one inch increments on the table I built for my Pq1500s I was able to keep using the extension table that came with it and have the same effect of having it sunk into a cabinet by placing the two portable tables around it. The Pq1500s fits in the crook of the ell made by the two tables and is adjusted so that ii's extension table sits flush with the table tops on the left and behind it. That way I have a large quilting surface that is just under 29" from the floor.

By doing it that way I am able to use the extension table it came with which gives me easy access to the bobbin compartment. To sink it into a table would require having one of those acrylic inserts that would have to be moved in order to reach the bobbin compartment.

On the table height-- an alternative to cutting the table legs would be to build a footrest that would be high enough to put your legs in an ergonomic position.
Rob

Last edited by rryder; 06-07-2016 at 04:53 AM. Reason: reread Nora's post