View Single Post
Old 06-07-2016, 08:07 AM
Janice McC

So, while I'm enjoying being your "fearless leader" and seeing all of your wonderful finishes, your fearless leader is getting her fanny whooped when it comes to quilting! Last night, I sat down at my machine in order to do a little more practicing in on a small WH so I could finally get a UFO done. WELL...to say it was an unmitigated disaster would be a colossal understatement. I had fabric bunching together, my lines were totally wonky, the stitch length varied so much because I was alternately holding it back and helping it along. Oh, my gosh. I stopped about half way through, took it off the machine, and could only laugh. My DH looked at me incredulously when I showed him and he questioned why I'd even done as much as I had before quitting. Normally, I wouldn't be amused but there was little point to trying to pretend it was the least bit acceptable. Soooo, the stitches are all plucked out, I'm going to re-sandwich it because I believe I did a poor job, likely the main problem, and I shall try again. And I WILL keep trying until I produce something reasonably good or until the piece falls apart.