View Single Post
Old 06-11-2016, 10:42 AM
csstexas

Thank you guys for your input. Tothill, our area averages over 60 inches of rain a year and the expected hi next week is 94 degrees. It is not fun to manage an outside clothesline. I have a baby sister born in the early 60's. I remember running madly out to retrieve diapers from the line when we would have a cloudburst. Lol. But since my old dryer broke I have discovered ways to limp along using a box fan and a drying rack in my hall. Drying in the fresh air is a nice idea, but not one I think I want to live with.

AZ Jane I really appreciate the link. I have invested a bunch of time reading the installation instructions and operation manuals online to try to figure out what might work, but had not discovered this link. Misty's Mom I did discover the idea of a fan in the vent to improve its functioning. There also exists a long vent dryer that is designed allow up to 160 feet of vent. I never found how it worked that is different from a standard dryer. The thing that has helped me decide to try the Heat Pump Ventless dryer is a sale. My Sears sales lady found a competitor's ad online that makes the dryer less than half the regular price when she matches the advertised price. I don't want to miss this chance and then discover that I cannot make the venting work out. This sale makes the dryer much more comparable in price to a unit with standard venting. The new dryer is 7.4 cubic feet so is not compact. I would like to streamline my laundry effort to get to my sewing. Even the predicted longer drying time might be tolerable as long as it does not overheat the house. I plan to order it and give it a try. The dryer I am replacing is 38 yrs old and event with some repair costs has served us well. But nearly everything seems to have broken- probably partly due to deteriorating venting . Thanks again.