View Single Post
Old 06-12-2016, 05:30 AM
maviskw

I was in Lithuania for three weeks teaching 85 teenagers to speak English. (Wisconsin English) They had a vent-less dryer that no one knew how to use. There were no instructions in English nor in Lithuanian. If the pans were not emptied, it wouldn't dry the clothes. I finally figured it out. After that it worked well.

I usually hang my clothes outside whenever I can, sometimes even in the wintertime. But my dryer is not vented. When I use it, it is usually cold and the furnace is running and there is very little humidity in the house. We need that in the winter. With my old dryer, there was enough humidity in the air to peel the tape from the dry wall in the corner of the wall and ceiling. Now with my new front loader, the clothes spin so fast there is very little water left in them. Some things feel dry enough to wear. I have 4 lines in my laundry room and a clothes rack (I hang things up that are heavy and still damp), so we are happy to get the humidity into the house when it is cold outside.

Last edited by maviskw; 06-12-2016 at 05:32 AM.