Old 06-12-2016, 09:25 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

I guess I will be paper piecing all the rest of the blocks. I'm tired of investing in all the paper and ink that will only end up in the trash can. Glad the next sampler I make will be the Civil War blocks and there is no paper piecing... no waste!

It has been really fun to learn paper piecing with this book, but it does waste fabric, paper and ink. Back to regular piecing once this QAL is through.

I didn't get very far sandwiching my quilts today. The backing I wanted to use for one was too small a piece, so off I went to JoAnn's to see if they had any more of that fabric. It was the perfect fabric! At JoAnn's I was really sad to see that their fabric selection has gotten terrible. Use to be, you could hardly get at the fabric because the bolts were packed in so tightly. Now they have whole sections and the entire bottom row of fabrics just empty. There must be only about 1/3 of the quilting cottons that they used to have. They still have tons and tons of fleece and flannel, but where is the quilting cotton??? What a bad time to cut back on inventory so drastically, with all the Hancock's closing their doors on the 28th. I guess I'll be shopping my own stash more.