View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 04:37 PM
Aileen

Originally Posted by azdesertrat
they don't like moth balls either,put some moth balls on the table in a dish and hopefully she will stop
LOL, moth balls doesn't stop my cat. She could care less!Yet if you just show her the water bottle she will go running. I think you will have to experiment a bit with your cat. Each cat has their own personality, what bothers one may not bother another.
I was told by our Vet when we got our first cat to put lemon juice in a water bottle. 1 part lemon juice to 2 parts water. Keep the bottle next to us at all times and everytime the cat did a behavior that we did not like we were spray her in the face with the solution and yell no! Try it, it works. We now have 3 cats and no behavior problems.
Animals do not know why they are being punished unless you catch them in the act. Throwing them out in the garage will not phase them, they will just go find a nice corner to curl up in and sleep. Moving chairs won't make a difference either, it is in their nature to jump to high places. I have a cat that never ceases to surprise me, she flies through the air!