Old 06-15-2016, 01:17 PM
Patricia Drew

Default Problem with straight stitch slide plate on Juki HZL-DX7

I just wanted to alert owners of this model, which I believe is sold in the US as the DX2000QVP. I've had this machine for two months. I've used it a lot, did decorative stitches on crazy quilt blocks, etc. All of this was done with the normal large needle hole. I then switched to the straight stitch small hole, using the lever on the throat plate, to do some FMQ.

When I returned to the normal hole to do some zig zag stitches, the machine did not recognize that I had changed from straight stitch to normal hole, and therefore I could not select the zig zag stitch.

I contacted Juki via their Product Support Contact at Juki Home, and was contacted by a technician less than an hour later. It was finally determined that a sensor is not relaying information to the main board. Juki will get back to me in a day or so to let me know how they will handle this.

If you own this machine, you might want to check whether your lever works. When you remove the clear plastic lid over the bobbin, the lever is upper right relative to the bobbin. Detailed information is also available in the Instruction Manual (page 30 for the HZL-DX7).

I think it's important to check this while machine is still under warranty.