View Single Post
Old 06-15-2016, 08:04 PM
riverandwoods

Default College Football quilt

My brother is one of the dearest , kindest people I know. He has had a rough year or two by most standards. His job went over seas, he blew out his shoulder, and while he was under the knife getting it repaired his wife of 25 years ran off with what little savings he had. Sounds like a bad country song, doesn't it?

My family continues to rally around him and as a quilter, the best long distance hug you can give to someone is with a quilt. My brother has been a huge Buckeyes fan since we were little kids so I knew I had to make something Ohio State.

The pattern was inspired by a knock- out USC quilt I saw here on the board. I decided to add trapunto to all the borders. I take a lot of Craftsy classes to improve my machine quilting and you can see Jacquie Gering, Lori Kennedy, and Angela Walters's influences/ skill building. I also found a great Judi Madsen diamond tutorial on Youtube. They have all helped immensely.

I washed it, folded it , and set it aside to take to the post office this week. It went out today.So sorry for the wrinkles.

Thanks for looking.
Attached Thumbnails buckeyes.jpg  

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 06-16-2016 at 01:41 AM. Reason: remove invalid attachment