View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 03:22 AM
Misty's Mom

Originally Posted by Jane Quilter View Post
As a side note.....I had a friend in our quilt club that only pieced tops......for the 10 years I knew her.....and for longer before I met her. . If she was giving one for her grandkids for a gift, she paid a long arm quilter. She didnt do that much because that was expensive. Then, believe it or not, her husband retired, they bought a long arm, and HE began to quilt. Each club meeting she brought in a couple, then a couple more, (she had over 150 quilt tops). He became a master quilter from that practice and they became so happy that they had something in common. He really made her tops look spectacular......So is she a piecer and him a quilter? who cares....they make a great, happy team!
This describes my husband and me. After we got our LA, he got interested in the piecing process. Got him his own machine, now he cuts and pieces. I pin and press then quilt. We compliment each other in our process and get the tops done faster. We call ourselves quilters. We just do different steps in the process.