View Single Post
Old 06-16-2016, 09:24 AM
Skyangel

Yes, it it time to visit a certified Bernina tech. They have to have recurrent training and have access to parts and the techs in Chicago, who know the answers to puzzling problems ( I work at a Bernina dealer). Your machine should not keep going out of time, and they should find that loose connection so you don't re-set. Today's machines do have circuit boards and a lot more computer and electronic "stuff" than ever before (that is what gives us the features we love). I had a 440 for almost 10 years, and mine is still stitching happily at a friends house. They were a great machine, but not Top of the Line, more mid-range. The 440 came out in 2005 (mine was one of the first), and was the first to have the BSR. The TOL at the time was the 730, then the 830, now the 880.

The 440s were made in Switzerland, but I would like to dispel the rumor that machines made at the Thailand factory are not as good. The difference is, the engineers are still in Switzerland doing the designing, is is a Bernina factory, and the workers are Bernina trained employees. The manufacture is not being subbed out to an unknown asian factory low bidder. I now have a new Bernina 570, more or less the current version of the 440 with 10 years new technology. Yes, it was built in Thailand but I did not hesitate.