Old 06-17-2016, 06:11 AM
Snooze2978

My mother at one time clueless at the cost of a quilt too till she came to live with me and saw what it took to make one. She also saw the prices for fabrics, the time it took to make one......deciding on a quilt pattern, decision of colors and fabrics to use, the making of the quilt itself and then the decision for quilting patterns, etc. She never knew till then what it took but now she appreciates the quilt I made for her and what all I went thru to get it just right for her. Actually the quilt she eventually received was not the one I had made for her but she liked this other one I made just because I wanted to make that pattern so I gave her the one she wanted. I was also able to give the one I originally made for her to someone else so no loss for that one. Now my sister wants another one also than the one I originally made for her so I told her if I could find a new home for it then she would get the one she wants. Obviously she hasn't figured out the time/money involved. Luckily I found a new home for it. Some folks never understand things of this natural. Its the same for any craftsman when he/she makes something special for a patron, it takes time, energy and materials. The items purchased at the stores are assembly-lined made and if you think about it don't last as long sometimes either and don't have any meaning to us. Just my take on the subject.