View Single Post
Old 01-27-2010, 06:46 PM
KarenSimon

Originally Posted by Angelmerritt
As a foster home for sick/injured homeless cats of 13 years I might have a new idea for you. Most of my usual recommendations have already been mentioned (water spray, alum. foil, contact paper - sticky side up). . . but the one that hasn't been mentioned is cookie sheets. Place 3 ping/pong balls or golf balls several inches apart in a triangle formation on the table then place your cookie sheet on top. Place as many cookie sheets (cupcake pans and metal baking dishes) as you own along your kittys favorite landing strip. In a pinch, I have used empty yogurt/applesauce cups when balls could not be found. Sit back and enjoy the terrified look on your cats face as they try to "land" on their favorite table and go flying with noisy clambering pans instead.
The only downfall to this technique is that you might have a heart attack from the sound of flying cats/bakewear pans if you aren't aware it is about to happen AND your bakewear needs to be repositioned after every attempt for about 2-3 weeks (as this is long enough to break a habit). Any cat worth keeping would not learn his lesson the first time and needs a little consistancy/reinforcement to bring home the message. Best of luck.