View Single Post
Old 06-19-2016, 10:15 PM
Sunflowerzz

The Cowboy is probably the least expensive new heavy duty leather machine. All domestic machines are "domestic"... They are not made for sewing leather although some will sew through garment thickness leather and suede. But not often and certainly not daily for a small MFG. business, the motors are just too small. Kinda like taking a car four wheeling, you can do it but it isn't the right set up and you wouldn't want to do it every day or even every weekend for that matter. Link below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDQ-4Skr2IE
Originally Posted by Sauki1 View Post
Hello all!

I'm seeking help and advice. I'm new to the VSM world. I currently have a featherweight I use to take to guild functions because mostly I use it for straight stitching and it's light weight. I also have a 99 that I need to clean and rewire, so no clue how well it works as of yet.

I make dog collars and am thinking about beginning to work with leather. I would like to find out what everyone's favorite heavy duty or leather machines are as I would like to invest in one. I'm not necessarily stuck to Singer but I do have two of them and probably know a bit more about them than amy other with the exception of more modern Husqvarnas.

I appreciate any help you can provide would be great. Thank you!

Angie