View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 09:24 AM
NanaCsews2

When I started quilting, and even sewing, I didn't start with beginner patterns. If I saw something I really wanted to make, I read the directions and dove in. What makes a good pattern is if the one reading it can go through it and clearly understand every step before tackling it. I have found advanced and 'expert' patterns that are easily mastered turn into very easily done mainly because the directions were clearly understandable. Pictures are always a huge plus. If there is a section of the pattern that may have been tricky for you to master, then that would be a good area to make sure there are diagrams or better yet, a clear picture of the exact steps. Not too difficult to figure something out if a beginning picture, middle picture(s), and especially an ending picture of a section were included with the pattern (tutorial).
Ever said to yourself, "why can't I do it this way?" If there is a part of the pattern that would raise that question, clearly stating the answer helps make a pattern make perfect sense.