View Single Post
Old 06-20-2016, 12:34 PM
Bree123

Originally Posted by lindaschipper View Post
Thank you ladies. Would you believe that I've had the Circle Cut by Sharon Hultgren/EZ Quilting all along and never thought about it? Sometimes when you have too much stuff you forget what you already have. Everyone's help was greatly appreciated...and I'll be using the free motion foot and NOT the walking foot!!
Linda, so glad you already have what you need to mark it.
It wasn't clear from your post ... have you ever done FMQ before? If not, I'd definitely recommend getting a yard or 2 of scrap fabric & batting so you can practice first. I generally hear it takes about 8 hours of practice to learn to do basic FMQ designs ... that's probably about what it took me to get something even halfway decent. Going with a 8-10" design will help, but all the back and forth turns in the Baptist Fan design take a bit to get the hang of.

If I've assumed wrong & you are a practiced FMQ'er, please forgive me. I guess I've just seen too many posts on the Board from people who thought their expertise with the walking foot would translate to FMQ work ... and were intensely disappointed to find it is a whole different skill set.