View Single Post
Old 06-21-2016, 02:22 AM
miriam
Power Poster

I have enough grandkids to go around on some swapping. Unfortunately my 91 year old dad is in the hospital with a blood infection around his pacemaker. He has to have the old one removed soon as possible, temp put on and wait to heal and have a new one. I'm sure the kids will be around some but not as planned. My sister is on her way from Arizona to help and to be with Dad. Anyway a lot is on hold right now. I'll have the kids make post cards when they do come over and we can let you know when they are ready but so much up in the air. My daughter has 6 kids and another coming in November. They are 2, 4, 6, 9 and almost 12 - the oldest (15) isn't interested. She is helping me with parents for the summer. She has been a Godsend. The 9 and 12 and 6 have swaps for now. I'm just sure we may need a kid swap feature here soon. It would be a hoot to see what they would do with a topic or just free choice, some scraps and a sewing machine. I think kids need to learn to love sewing and this might be a good fun thing for them. Lovie (9) made one PC and she is hooked - she wants to do more. I do worry about kids being somewhat volnerable on Internet but people here seem so wonderful. Kids need stuff like this to be able to do, too. Maybe get some bug ideas going or dinosaurs or hearts or what ever kids do these days. Lovie liked the steampunk ideas. AND she willingly sewed on stuff!
BTW I haven't seen a PC on this swap I don't just love - amazing talent everybody.