Old 06-22-2016, 05:32 AM
SewingSew

MaggieSue,

You must be southern. I'm Sharon Kay, I have cousins. Brenda Sue, Mary Lou, Brentley Dean, etc.

I wanted to tell you that the reason that I started using a Sonicare was because I was diasgnosed with Periodontitis and I knew I needed to kick my home care up a notch. I had seen an infomercial for Sonicare, which had just came out on the market. It demonstrated the action of a sonic pulse wave in removing stains and plaque and even dislodging stuff between the teeth that flossing usually removes. The sonic wave also stimulates the gums, which leads to healthier gums. I was sold. My husband bought me one and after I used it I felt as though I had had my teeth polished. My Periodontitis seemed to reverse itself. I get my teeth cleaned every six months and my hygentist doesn't have much to do. My dentist makes comments about how clean my mouth is. An oral surgeon told me that I had the smallest mouth he had ever seen. I have never felt that the brush size was an issue for me. I also believe that different size brush heads are available. I use the e-series toothbrush, but I think the newer models have smaller heads. One thing that is important is to replace the brush heads evey 3 months. The tootbrush works by using magnets in the heads, and they somehow wear out over time, which is why it is important to replace them frequently enough.

My husband was reluctant for years in switching to a Sonicare. He is traditional and doesn't embrace change well. About 5 years ago I bought him one. He hates to be without it now. His smile is brighter from using it. We are both 57.

Other products that I like are Plackers, which make flossing less messy, and of course I love my waterpik. I put a capful of mouthwash in the water resevoir. My hygenist recommended Closys mouthwash and toothpaste. The mouthwash has no alcohol and the toothpaste doesn't have sodium laurel sulfate, so I don't foam at the mouth like a rabid dog when I brush. They both have whitening agents, and the moutwash kills bacteria so that my mouth is fresher and cleaner. I buy the toothpaste from Amazon and the mouthwash from my dentist. Also, if you buy the value pack, Amazon is cheaper for brush heads.

Please remember to make sure that you are buying a sonic toothbush and not just an electric one. There is a big difference in the two. Hope this helps.