View Single Post
Old 06-22-2016, 12:39 PM
PurplePassion

Default What would you do?

I made a throw size quilt for my niece last winter. She lives in TX, I like her and we message each other a lot. Her mother, my sister in law; went to visit her and saw the quilt I made. She had told her daughter she really liked it and was threatening to steal it when she went home. This sister in law lives in NV, is 10 years older than me and has barely said 3 words to me in the past years, and I haven't heard from her in many , many years. She sent me a message saying that the quilt was beautiful, and could I make her a quilt. I had no plans on making her one , but then my niece messaged me and said her mom would really love a quilt and told me the colors she likes. Sis made no mention of paying me for making it, or postage or anything. Well I have the quilt top done and need to take it to a LArm to get quilted. I used fabric I had for the top but had to buy the backing , batting and pay for quilting. So should I send her the quilt with a bill, or just send it with my blessings ? I doubt that she will offer any money. I made the quilt for my niece because I wanted to, but it is hard making one for someone you don't care for.