Old 06-22-2016, 05:39 PM
Honchey

What a day today has been.....DH got bitten all over his legs by fire ants and he blacked out while sitting in a chair so I called 911 and after the EMT's arrived and worked on him they recommended he go to the ER..He said no! after they left he decided to go to the Urgent Care about a mile from home..We waited for 1 hr & 20 minutes before they saw him..but just before that He was having a hard time breathing and felt a heaviness in his chest..they took him in the area where they did an EKG 3 times hooked him up to an IV and gave him meds thru that to reduce the swelling in his legs...The DR then told us he has to go to the hospital...Ambulance came & off we went...The did a full work-up and found that his enzymes were normal and didn't have a heart attack..The pumped him up with a few different cortizones and came home...He went to bed and woke up 6 hours later and thought it was the next day...I'm having a drink, a real drink right now ..I've been up since 5:30 this a.m. and am exhausted..The DR also told him if he ever gets bitten again by Fire Ants he needs to go to the ER asap!! I was so scared when he blacked out..He was looking straight at me but wasn't seeing or hearing me..I had to shake him and got wet towels and soaked him down...it was a horrifying experience...

See ya all tomorrow....H.