Old 06-22-2016, 10:13 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by TeresaA View Post
The prices these days have exceeded inflation. I easily do traditional quilts and some that are based on patterns in books, and now I have the opportunity to explore shapes for more intricate quilts. I guess I'm thankful that I have to develop my own things. It's a more creative process.
I think you speak the truth. it is simple. More and more people are looking to make a lot of money off of patterns. They believe that "too cheap" means you don't value your work. So, put a high price on it and see how many people "value your work" along with you.

But it is true...quilting patterns that involve nothing more than a pdf are a terrible deal when they get to be more than $10. There is no, absolutely no work involved with the printing, distribution, shipping costs, manufacturing costs, etc. They should not be as expensive as a printed one.

Ones that involve paper piecing or applique are a different matter--I'm considering paying about $70-80 for a Judy Niemeyer one - but it is a queen size paper pieced pattern.