View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 03:43 AM
PurplePassion

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
You say it is your SIL - how is this woman related to you? Is she your DH's sister or is she married to one of your brothers? Could you ask the blood relation how to proceed? Since you already made the top I believe that you may as well see it to a conclusion, or put it away and tell her you will need to wait to have it quilted until you can afford the $.... to have it quilted and see what they say. If they say, fine, no hurry, then you have your answer. Maybe they really didn't have any idea of what they were asking of you.
She is my oldest brother's wife, lives in the other side of the country. He pasted away a few years back, but I was not notified till a week later and by another brother. We aren't a real close family. I have seen a lot of great ideas here; I wish I would have thought to make my post early on. But I think I will get it quilted, as cheap as I can ; and just send it to her with a note making mention of the cost of quilting. Maybe she will find it in her heart to reimburse me --maybe not. Either way , I learned my lesson and have picked up some good tips from you guys. Thank you