Old 06-23-2016, 06:58 AM
Jane Quilter

Ok, I got one. The wife of my daughters varsity coach in college as ask me if I would restore an old antique quilt she had. Trying to gently squirm out of it I said, gosh , you live in Williamsburg VA, home of antique quilt museam and restoration why don't you get them to do it?. Oh, they charge too much, and I don't want it done THAT good. Now, my daughter was on scholarship, with her husband controlling who gets it or not each year. I was trapped, or tricked, or abused...don't know which, but I did it. My LQS had a boLt of Turkey red that resembled the damaged fabric. I did it, the points were a bear. To bad I didn't take an After picture. It was a beauty when it was done. The sad part was, I barely got an unenthusiastic "thank-you", when I was done. But my daughter did stay on
scholarship all 4 years and our quilt club got a good story to tell, and every time some one had to fix anything on a quilt they were working on and began to mumble, some one would say, "oh, I don't want it THAT good" LOL.