View Single Post
Old 06-23-2016, 12:02 PM
redstilettos

Originally Posted by Onebyone View Post
All of my sew group have one and we all use each other's dies. We will have a custom die made for a specific pattern we want to make if one is not available. I use the regular Go more then the Go Big or Go Baby. I like the Size of the Go. Easy to move and set up. I bought another Go at Hancocks going out of business sale dirt cheap. I doubt there are any left but wouldn't hurt to look.
Sharing dies would be a great way to go. Oh wait...to answer your question. yes, it is truly worth the money. Do you have any idea how much material I have ruined because of ruler slip when I was using my rotary cutter? I can't even begin to tell you how much. Ugh!

Yes, you can buy used dies, but the cost isn't all that much less than a new one, from what I have seen. I have been looking on Craigslist, Ebay, and on Facebook.

The one thing to keep in mind is, you can always sell a die if you decide it was a one-time use item, and most likely it will sell. A second thought is if you buy the dies from the Accuquilt site, you do earn points for every dollar to be used against future purchases. Yes, it may take a while to add up, but even $5 off is $5! Another to keep in mind is it is always easier to use a smaller die in the medium size (Go!) machine, while many dies will not fit into the Baby. Just my .02 which is really only worth about half of that

Good luck and let us know when you decided.