View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 05:42 AM
Rachelcb80

I hate to admit it but I jumped into something (this time attaching a border) without researching how to best do it first. That is unlike me and I really don't know why I did it other than I guess I am anxious to finish this quilt. I did the 'ole measure one side, cut a piece, sew it on and then whack off the extra. Of course I ended up with waves in my borders. I spent quite a bit of time last night and this morning reading about the proper way to measure and attach a border. Here's my question; should I tear the borders off and redo them using better methods (I'd have to use the same material that is already there because I don't have enough to cut new borders with) or do I chalk this up to lesson learned and hope the waves "quilt out" some? The center and larger outside border will have stipple quilting done, the smaller inside border will just have 2 straight lines stiched 1/4" in from each seam.

There is a part of me that thinks with as much time as I've put into this quilt so far, I should go the little extra mile to take it apart and do it all right, but then there's that other part of me that wants to cry at the idea of being set back a few more days. That part of me has a little voice saying, "It'll be okay, once you get it all quilted the waviness will not show." I'm just not sure if that voice is lying. :)
Attached Thumbnails attachment-67084.jpe   attachment-67085.jpe