View Single Post
Old 06-25-2016, 09:40 AM
susanwilley

Originally Posted by Jeanette Frantz View Post
We don't have (and never have had) a Hancock's here in Ocala. Probably located in the larger cities, such as Orlando, Jacksonville, Fort Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, and so on! I don't know what the deal is -- there are still so many of us who make quilts and quilted items -- it's just really nuts that they're going out of business. I have shopped some at JoAnns, but their prices are NOT CHEAP. You really have to watch the coupon sales. I recently bought 90" batting (40% off), and some broadcloth for pillow shams and binding (50% off). I have to watch the sales because my income is limited. There was a time when our local Wal-Mart had some very nice quilt fabrics, but the fabrics that are in the store now -- most of them are certainly not what I would want for a quilt. I am disappointed, but I watch the sales. I stepped into a LQS the other day. NOT a single fabric in the entire store for less than $12/yard. Beautiful fabrics, BUT more than I can afford! Congratulations on your "score" with the fabrics. I think it's "cool" that you were able to get all that fabric. Even if we had a Hancock's store here, I still couldn't buy that much fabric, so that's how it goes! Jeanette
I know just what you mean Jenette! I cannot afford to pay 12 a yard either! I usually buy all my fabric at Walmart. I actually like their fabric, but I still watch for Joann sales and did Hanocks. Getting 70% off allows me to buy a lot at about 2.00 to 3.00 per yd. I'm trying to stock up, I won't be able to buy once my husband retires.