Old 06-25-2016, 01:35 PM
retired2pa

I know this an old thread, but I'm in the market for a new iron and I've been Googling a lot of different iron reviews.

I have an el cheapo B&D that I paid $10 for it. I like it but it is lightweight and only 1200 watts so it doesn't press very well. I don't use steam so I can't say how hot that would be.

I also have a Rowenta that I absolutely hate because it drips and spits if using steam. I've used it for dry ironing but it just doesn't feel right in my hand. I can't seem to "bond" with this iron.

I also have a B&D Classic. The soleplate has always "dragged" on my fabric and the holes pucker the fabric also. I used it very seldom and last week I tried to use it again but it quit working. It wouldn't even heat up so I use it as a decoration on a shelf in my sewing room.

I've thought about the Oliso but after reading so many negative reviews about it, I decided against that one. Then, I was looking at the T-Fal FV4495 for $47 on Amazon and the Shark Ultimate Professional G1505 for $50 on Amazon. They both had good reviews. What I really want is a Reliable Velocity but I can't find one anywhere.

Why does buying an iron have to be such an ordeal??

Last edited by retired2pa; 06-25-2016 at 01:37 PM.