View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:20 AM
Teresa 54

Well, I had the same problem when I had to move my studio, bags and bags of fabric - heavy fabric. I decided at that point I needed to scale down. Like you, I buy good quality quilt weight fabric from quilt shops. I thought about "how do I buy fabric"? I buy by the color, not by the design, which made it so much easier to use what I have. All fabric is on open shelves (3) huge bakers racks, where I can easily see and access each piece, it is arranged by color. By arranging this way, I found I will use what I have instead of going out shopping. Look at it this way, the less time shopping, the more time you have to sew.
Join a stash busters class at your local shop - great way to use fabric. Teach a class and have fabric packets for the students for a few dollars. One day I screwed up a drafted pattern, I apologized and gave everyone a yard of fabric from my stash!
keep a tally of all the money you don't spend and go to a quilt camp with fabric from your stash - A Challange. Good Luck, Teresa-Teresa's Quilt Studio