Old 06-26-2016, 05:22 PM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by carolstickelmaier View Post
not so quick.. I had a neighbor who has since passed away at 93.. In her day she was a beautiful quilter but illness and disease took its toll. she continued quilting although it looked more like a 4 yr old did it.. I would loved and cherished to have a quilt from her even after things beyond her control took over. She made them out of love even when she was ill
I had a friend ask me to quilt a small tumbler quilt that a 90+yr old woman had made for a great-g-child. It was interesting! Some of the stitching of the blocks was coming loose at the corners and someone had tried to solve that with a 2 sided fusible. Once we trimmed and re-stitched I basically did a SID (she had not wanted it otherwise) and got it to her--was to be a wall hanging and worked just fine. Like your neighbor, she had once been a good quilter and was having vision problems and shakey hands, but wanted all her greats to have a "quilt" from her too. She was even making several extra for the kids to give out once she died.