View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 06:54 AM
LindaR

Originally Posted by Rachelcb80
I guess I pretty much knew what everyone's answer would be. :) So here's another question, do I just redo the 5" border (which won't be hard, just a little time with the seam ripper), or do I tear off both borders, which means taking off the prairie points too? (I really want to cry thinking about doing all that)

LindaR, you mentioned measuring the middle then deducting 1/2". I hadn't read about deducting the 1/2", I had read to just measure the middle. Then find your 1/2 way and 1/4 way points, pin and ease in whatever fullness between. I'm wondering now which way to use?
I have always deducted the 1/2" since I was told that. I have never had a problem with them being too short. The woman who taught me that had a quilt shop and made beautiful quilts that always hung so nice on the wall. I made a quilt out of some blocks that my mother made me wayyyyy back when for a baby blanket and never finished...didn't know about the measuring thing and the borders are wavy. I just racked it up to a "beginner" thing and never fixed it. it is noticeable tho...your quilt is so pretty.