View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 06:46 AM
MrsBoats

Originally Posted by barny View Post
I don't know much about these, but I have 3. Sometimes my thread is too big, and I polished the bobbin holder, and I used 0000 steel wool to polish the slide part, so it's just try and try. Sometimes the thread doesn't slide over the bobbin holder when it should too.
I'll give that a try today. The really frustrating thing is that it sewed fine utterly filthy, but won't now that it's clean!

Originally Posted by treadlecrazy View Post
I don't know anything about that machine specifically, but here are the first things I would check:
Is your needle inserted correctly?
Is your needle threaded the correct direction?

If your machine is a vibrating shuttle machine, maybe the needle and thread go the same way as in my Singer vibrating shuttle machines. On Singer vibrating shuttle machines, the flat part of the needle faces to the right, and the needle is threaded from left to right.

Other things to try:
Make sure you are using high quality thread like Coats & Clark or Gutermann, since it will form better loops than cheap thread. Try a size 14 needle, if you weren't already using that size. Also make sure you are using a new needle - a bent needle would cause problems.
The needle is in correctly, according to ISMAC's needle list it's the correct needle size, and it's threaded properly. I normally use Gutterman, so that's what I'm test-sewing with. When that didn't work, I tried everything from cheap poly-cotton to fuzzy serger thread. Still nothing.

Why a size 14 needle though? I thought you were supposed to test with what you typically sewed with?

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
Check out Victorian sweatshop forum.
Ooh, thanks! I didn't know about that site! I'll definitely see what they have to say!