View Single Post
Old 06-27-2016, 02:23 PM
JulieB

Default Garden Wall quilt

This quilt pattern is titled Garden Wall, and it's a Judy Neiemeyer quilt. It's not exactly like the pattern: I eliminated a column and a row to make it the size I wanted, and left it borderless, because I liked it that way. I picture it as a neighbor's flowering vine creeping over my fence, the sun shining down to meet the grass. The applique flowers were tediously hand-sewn together with invisible thread, although I did sew them to the quilt by machine. I also applied 600+ topaz 3mm rhinestones. I quilted in the sun's rays, and varied each ray between waves of light and flame-type swirls. The rhinestones are placed on the straight lines to help augment the straight rays of the sun. This project was originally started over a year ago, and I put it aside after it was pieced because I realized it wouldn't work for my original plan. I came back to it this spring, rethought what I was going to do with it, then resized it and finished it. Whereas I was going to donate it to a benefit auction, it's now mine and it is hanging behind my sewing machine table. Thanks for looking!
Attached Thumbnails img_0397.jpg   img_0396.jpg   img_0398.jpg