Old 06-27-2016, 06:44 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Thank you friends for all the nice comments on the Aunt Bea's Parlor quilt. This is the page for the pattern, as well as their other embroidery quilt patterns.

http://www.black-cat-creations.com/items.php?id=4

You can also use this format and instead use the Aunt Martha's transfers. Some of those have been around since the dark ages, so they would make sweet vintage-looking quilts too, with the feedsacks. I really love the feedsacks and the embroidery together. And the way the blocks are cut on point and then squared up again with the corner triangles. That was very easy to do.... You can see why I couldn't resist this pattern when I saw the sample quilt!

Well today I was drawn like a magnet back to the FINAL DAY of the one of our Hancock's that closed today. It was madness in there. The liquidator was there quoting just stupid prices in order to get all the final inventory out! I got 24 yard of fabric for $15! Big sport zippers for bags... 25 cents each. Clover bamboo knitting needles... 25 cents a set. Skeins of beautiful pearl cotton... 25 cents each. Fun, but also traumatic to see a long time 'go-to' store in that shape, with the doors closing forever. Here's the final haul of fabric. These will just be charity quilt backs.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]553030[/ATTACH]

We still have one more Hancocks in the area that is about 3-4 weeks away from closing. I'm keeping my eye on a roll of wool batting. I'm hoping no one here in Mississippi but me WANTS wool batting! It's very expensive yet, even at 50% off. When it goes to about 70%, (if it's still there) I'm going to pounce.
Attached Thumbnails dsc02574-small-.jpg