Old 06-28-2016, 07:06 PM
sewbizgirl
Power Poster

Originally Posted by dublb View Post

SBG, I have a house in Brady that was my DGM's. DGDad died in 2005. DGM sold it in 2006. DH bought it for me in 2012. In 2014 DGM died. We considered it our lake house. It was a farm house built in 1920. In 1968 it was moved to it's current location & remodeled. My DGParents bought it in 1982.
Then a year & a half ago DH retired early. Last year we decided to move to Brady & sell our house in Midland. I think this has been the longest move in the history of mankind as we started in Sept. I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I worked on the sewing room last week & we brought a ton of my sewing stuff this trip. We drove down to Brady today & will be here till the 10th or 11th. I think the next trip will be the last of the moving stuff. I do hope that we will be able to get the house in Midland up for sale soon after that.
All this coming & going I am so confused every morning as I wake not knowing which house I am at. LOL
Oh, I love the story of the Brady house! I bet you can't wait to stay there permanently, Bev. It sounds like you have the majority of the moving done. I know what a pain it is. It would be for me, because we would have so much to get rid of. Hubby is a packrat and I know that he won't let us get rid of a thing while he is alive. When he's gone, I'll have such a job to do, digging out from under it all! The kids want us to move to Memphis where they live, but it would be too traumatic for my hubby, I'm afraid. I would LOVE to go!