Old 06-28-2016, 07:58 PM
dublb

This move really makes financial sense. The house in Midland was only bought 3 years ago so it has a high mortgage & the house in Brady is paid off. Don't get me wrong I have loved the last 3 years in that house but I will also loooove living in Brady! With DH retired early it only makes sense.
I have had a hard time throwing stuff away so I do understand how your DH feels. When we moved 3 years ago (from a house that we had lived in for 25 years) I threw a lotta stuff away then. It was hard to let it go but I did. You'd think that there wouldn't be that much to toss this time but there is! It really does upset me when I throw stuff away. I had to tell DH, last fall, that he had to quit saying that stuff had to "go by by." That really did upset me. We are gonna have a garage sale but I am beginning to think that if it is too junky for me then most people won't want it either. I usually keep things way past their usefulness. We will have it but I bet we take a bunch of it to Goodwill. We have given a ton of stuff to our kids. That helped.