Old 06-30-2016, 03:27 PM
Fabric Galore

I have a large family and I make baby quilts, graduation quilts and wedding quilts. I work on 1 quilt at a time because I usually have a list of quilts to make. It gives me satisfaction to mark a quilt off of my "to do" list and then I am free to start the next quilt. I am usually working on one quilt and planning what I want to do for the next quilt on my list. I have a large sewing room (20' by 24') but I don't like clutter on my cutting table and I'm afraid of losing pieces after I cut them. I find that limiting one quilt at a time I am able to enjoy the process and I usually combine quilting and applique so I sew on my machine in the afternoon and I applique during the evening while I watch TV. I find this more relaxing. I use to have a lot of UFO's because I was always signing up for classes. I no longer take the classes and I sign up for classes from Craftsy and I can get inspiration for new ideas but I don't have to complete the project right then like you doing during a regular class.